Dr. Sebastian Gonzales DC, CCSP®, CSCS, RMSK
Degrees, Certifications, & Honors
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- Eagle Scout
- Diplomate American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians®
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Registered in Musculoskeletal Sonography®
- Russian Kettlebell Certified
- Elite Active Release Techniques® Provider
- TPI Certified Golf Medical Professional – Level 3
- Back Pain Liberation Podcast (4 sessions)
- Burpees In My Thirties
- Kokoro Movement
- Confessions of a Fitness Coach
Cal State University, Long Beach
In 2005, Dr. Gonzales graduated magna cum laude receiving a Bachelor’s of Science in Biology.
Southern California University of Health Sciences
In 2008, Dr. Gonzales graduated as salutatorian of his class. Here he received an extensive education
However, he attributes most of his knowledge and expertise of sports injuries to his education after school:
“I smile when I to look back on my career.
I can say with confidence I don’t know everything yet but I’m sure I can assist any athlete at any point in their injury. Working in this field doesn’t mean I have to have all the answers… sometimes guiding athletes in the right direction are all they need. I don’t have to “fix” everyone.
I want my lasting legacy to be patient education and empowerment.
This is why have transitioned much of my treatment plans into active care programs over the last few years.
There’s nothing more rewarding that having a person’s light bulb turn on… and truly understand their injury.
Loss of control is what most people struggle with during an injury… the uncertainty and unknowing is worse than the injury itself.
This is where I specialize.”
– Learn more about how I work with patients in this 4 part interview on Back Pain Liberation
When he is not working with athletes Dr. Sebastian loves to play baseball, triathlon, hike, fish, and drinking/ making coffee and spend time with friends.